Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer is here!

Brooklyn's preschool program/graduation was a week and 1/2 ago. They got to dress like animals, because the program was animal themed. Brooklyn was so excited to dress up and sing!  I think that a preschool program is one of the funniest things I've ever seen!  During the songs, the teachers would take the microphone to each kid so that parents could hear their kids sing. It's so funny hearing little 4 and 5 year olds yelling the songs into the microphone! Then the teacher would get to Brooklyn and you could hear her teeny little sweet voice singing the song in tune the best she could, it was soooo adorable!  She has always loved to sing!  She was also the only kid taking a bow after each song. She loves her audience!  A week after her program was her last day of school picnic. Her class got to go to a park and play together at the playground and have a picnic with their parents and siblings. When I told her it was time to go and that she needed to go say bye to her teachers, she was broken-hearted! She cried when she hugged Mrs. Buonforte and Mrs. Brighton goodbye. She has such a tender little heart. She was especially sad to say bye to Landon, the boy she's going to marry when she's a grown-up. There were a couple times when I picked her up from preschool over the year that her and Landon were calling out their undying love to each other and making marriage promises.  Brooklyn also told me that she kissed him! When Brendon heard her say that, he looked at me with absolute fear in his eyes and said "Its started, and she's only four!"  Brooklyn also had Kindergarten assessment, and she blew the teacher away! She is so smart, and we are so proud of her!
Here are some pics of Brooklyn in her lion costume, cap and gown, and at the picnic:


The past couple of weeks Carson has been picking up words like crazy!  It's amazing how fast kids change at this age!  His favorite thing to do is be "angry". He stomps around the house shouting "I'm RIGHT HERE!"  I don't know what he's trying to accomplish, but he means business!  He also will call me and if I don't answer right away he will repeat "mommy" in different tones of voice until I answer. I've tried not answering him just to see how long he'll do it, and he doesn't give up easily!  He is so fun loving, and rambunctious! Brooklyn and him have been so cute playing together lately, but one of Carson's favorite words right now is "MINE!"  He thinks that everything is his, and he is very possessive, so there are lots of fights over toys in our house!  We'll walk past some kids in the store, or church, pretty much anywhere, and he'll yell at them "MINE" even though he doesn't have anything ... He even yelled "MY MOMMY" at the kids playing on the playground behind our backyard fence.  He is also becoming VERY independent. He has to climb into his high-chair all by himself, and if I help him sit down, he has to get down and do it all over again, with NO help!  Carson and Brooklyn are my comic relief every day, and I love it!  Until I had my own, I didn't know kids could be so funny!
Here's some pics of Carson at the picnic:


Seven years ago today, Brendon and I were married for time and eternity in the Salt Lake Temple.  I can't believe how fast seven years can go by!  There's a saying that "time flies when you're having fun", well I'm going to be a little sappy and say "time flies when you're in love"!  Brendon is so amazing to me, he is such a hard worker for our little family, and such an AWESOME daddy, and he treats me like a queen.  He surprised me this morning with a Willow Tree figurine of a couple embracing, and a book of poems he wrote, one for each year we've know each other.  I fall more in love with him every day!

Well that's all for today, I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day! We'll probably be doing yard work, trying to catch up from all of the bad weather!

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog. The pictures are adorable. It is so fun to read about my sweet grandchildren. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete